Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On My First Try

I did it.  I got hired at a new job!  I am an adult, and my student loans will be paid off in no time, and I will never have to take notes on a lecture I don't care about again, and hey--I should go shopping!

Ok, I am definitely getting ahead of myself here, but that is the kind of freedom I felt after getting this phone call today--
"Hi Laura, I'm calling to offer you the Life Skills Instructor position that you interviewed for last week.  Are you still interested?"

Heck yes I am!  Never mind my worries about the cost of driving 33 miles each way to work, or my creeping anxiety about being responsible for the lives of others!  Who cares if it's not as much money as I hoped for?  One overnight shift per week--no big deal!  I've got a job!

It is going to work out well because it just has to.  Very soon after applying for a large number of jobs, I got a call from one.  I continued to search and apply for more positions, and even began to consider (briefly) going back to waitressing while I looked.  I interviewed with The Caller and sat by my phone all weekend patiently waited for more calls, assuming there was little chance I would get hired on my first try.

But I did!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, sweetie! That is such a relief. Happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete