Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's Time.

It's time.  Time to find a job.
Gosh, I despise starting new jobs!  I really do--I don't enjoy meeting new people, feeling like I don't know what I'm doing, having to ask tons of questions, or generally working with weirdos who I don't know.

I have had three long-term jobs so far, each lasting between two and five years.  I didn't love any of them, but I liked staying at each of them way more than I liked the idea of starting anew somewhere else.  Each of these three jobs had really fun people, who I became overly comfortable working with, and they are what kept me around.  But now...I have been basically out of work for six months or so.  It's been going fine so far, but obviously this can't keep up.  Especially after the news I got yesterday.

I attended my "Loan Exit Interview," in preparation for graduation, and ultimately, the "Loan Repayment" portion of my life.  I knew how big the number was.  I did.  What I did not know was just how much larger that number is going to grow over the next 10-20 years as interest piles up.
It. Is. Scary.  And all this money for a degree that may or may not even contribute toward a bigger salary than I could've gotten without it!

So today I have done two things.  (And it's only 2pm, look at that!)
1.  Had a little talk with myself, went like this:  I know you don't want to have a job, don't want to look for a job, don't want to think about jobs.  I know you don't like working in any form, and would do many unpleasant things for the chance to be a homemaker.  But, we need a job.  That's it, need one.  So you, my friend, are going to be excited about it--excited to meet new people, show off your skills, and help some other people.  Positive energy, right?
2.  Got started on the hunt:  I have already applied for ten different positions, all of which list my degree as a "requirement."  (Makes me feel better about the amount of money it's costing me).


    

No comments:

Post a Comment